OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
Goldman Smith Uganda Limited (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Goldman Smith mobile application (the “Service”). This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information we collect about you and your device.
For a better experience, while using our Service, we may automatically collect the following information:
• Personal information, including: Names, Phone Number, Bank Account info, Email, National ID or Passport number, Sex, Occupation, Physical Address.
• Information stored on your Device, including Mobile money Transaction SMS logs.
• Device information, including the type of mobile device you use, unique device identifiers (for example, your Device’s IMEI or serial number), information about the SIM card used by the Device, mobile network information, your Device’s operating system and your Device’s location.
• GPS Location to determine location of your last loan request.
Information we receive from other sources:
Due to the nature of the Services, which we provide, we are required to work with a number of third parties (including credit reference agencies and mobile network providers and employers) and we may receive information about you from them.
Why we collect data
We collect certain data to be able to provide the Service to you. We also collect data for use in verifying your identity and creating credit-scoring models to determine what Loans can be offered to you. We also use this data for purposes of collections and credit reporting.
Goldman Smith Uganda Limited uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain the Service.
• To notify you about changes to our Service.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
• To provide customer care and support.
• To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service.
• To monitor the usage of the Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside your country of origin or residence (as applicable) or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside UGANDA and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the data, including Personal Data, to UGANDA and process it there or at any secure data centre that Goldman Smith may use from time to time.